Floods rank as one of the most common and widespread natural disasters in the United States. Whether you live near a coastline, along city streets, in the mountains, out in the country, or even in the desert, there is a potential for flooding. Anywhere it can rain, it can flood.
A variety of events can cause flooding, like: heavy rains, when ocean waves come onshore, if snow melts too fast, or when damns or levees break. A flooding event may occur over a long period and could last days, weeks or longer.
The most dangerous type of flood, a flash flood, happens quickly with little or no warning. Flash floods are the top weather-related killer in the U.S. since they can roll boulders, tear out trees and destroy buildings and bridges. A flash flood is the rapid flooding of low-lying areas in less than 6 hours, caused by intense rainfall from a thunderstorm or several thunderstorms.
At least 25% of the businesses that close after an event like a flood never reopen their doors. As little as one-inch of water can cause costly damage to your property. Over the past 5 years the average flood claim was more than $75,000.
With many years of experience, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have restored flood damaged homes and businesses from coast to coast. Even minor floods have the potential to cause major damage to a structure if not treated quickly and properly. If a flood strikes your home or business, call your local SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties! (360)533-8667
Once your home or business is damaged by a fire, your top priority is getting your property cleaned and repaired. In many cases, this desire leads people to pursue DIY cleanup projects. If this were your planned method, you should reconsider this course of action. Can you do all of this yourself and can you do it properly?
1. Water Removal: Standing water left behind by the fire extinguishing efforts of the local fire department have several important ramifications. The resulting water damage can affect furniture, electronics, clothing, drywall, ceilings, flooring, and more. Water removal must be done quickly. SERVPRO of Grays Harbor &Pacific Counties utilizes water pumps, wet-vacs, high-velocity fans and dehumidifiers to extract the water and moisture quickly, thereby mitigating the damage.
2. Smoke Damage: The smoke damage that results from a fire can be quite substantive. In fact, the smoke left behind can become embedded in your furniture, flooring, carpets, and walls. If left unaddressed, this can remain in your property for years. Soot, another by-product of specific fires, needs special attention for proper clean up to avoid staining of walls and furniture. Effectively removing smoke necessitates the use of professional procedures and products SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties crews have in their arsenal.
3. Salvageable Goods: In many cases, homeowners who seek to complete the remediation process on their own will throw away items that are salvageable. Don't make this mistake. Instead, allow SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties to assist you with this aspect of the restoration process. We will assess, inspect and track all of your items in our content tracker. This inventories affected household items and classifies them into non-salvageable, salvageable or questionable lists. Items can be containerized and cleaned at our facility.
4. Time Efficiency: If you attempt to complete the fire restoration process without professional assistance, the project will take a lot of time and probably lack positive results. However, hiring SERVPRO of Grays Harbor &Pacific Counties to put your home back in a healthy condition after fire damage enables you to feel confident in the restoration. Consider the effort, equipment, and training involved in successfully restoring your home to its pre-fire condition.
Why SERVPRO in a storm?
Flooding and water damage can refer to a large range of loss types resulting from water intrusion from the ground flooding or the roof of a building from trees or winds. This kind of damage is devastating and much of your property, business, or home can be damaged. Regardless of the extent of damage, speed, or duration of its occurrence the storm can result in ownership and possession loss. The longer you wait to call us to come to the rescue, you could be allowing more issues into the problem such as mold.
Storms, heavy rains, mudslides, and severe climate can leave massive losses to a community. This is why proper damage restoration should be a must. SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties is here for you 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. We are highly skilled and trained to make it "Like it never even happened."
Lets us help with water damage before microbial growth occurs!
SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties can help before microbial growth occurs.
With our 24-hr emergency service, we're prepared to reduce water damage. SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties has highly trained water restoration technicians who will mitigate your commercial business. We take pride in being part of our amazing community. Saving commercial businesses one day at a time.
No commercial project is too big, because we have access to the resources of a nationwide network of 1,700 Franchises.
Commercial restoration services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup
- Disaster Recovery Team
We respond quickly to your needs. SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties has great relationships with commercial and residential property managers, higher and lower educational buildings, city buildings, insurance agents, and multiple insurance adjusters.
Have Water or Flood damage? Call us today (360)533-8667
We're available 24hrs.
How to avoid fire damage in your home?
Having a fire in your home or business can happen fast and unexpected. There is something little or no warning, so knowing how to help avoid it is a very smart idea.
Test your smoke alarms.
Properly maintain your smoke alarms by testing the batteries once a month. If they’re not working, replace them immediately.
Inspect heating sources.
Regardless of what kind of primary heating you have in your home, an annual inspection will reduce your risk of fire.
Keep the stove and oven clear.
Don’t leave anything flammable near the stove or oven. Make sure curtains don’t hang over the stove, and never rest towels or a cookbook on the stove.
Stay in the kitchen.
Don't leave a hot cooking surface unattended. Whether it’s a pot on the stove or an electric griddle, you need to be close by. If you have to leave the room, take the pot off the stove or turn off the griddle first.
Check the dryer.
If you have a gas-powered dryer, have it inspected once a year to make sure all connections are secure. No matter what type of dryer you have, always clean out the lint trap after a load is finished. Regularly check behind and around the dryer for pockets of lint or items of laundry that have fallen under or behind.
Regularly check the condition of cords and watch out for frayed wires: repair or replace cords with frayed wires immediately. Electrical cords can produce heat, so don’t trap them under a rug or between furniture and the wall.
Be careful with candles.
Never leave candles unattended and always keep them away from flammable items like blankets and curtains. Place candles in secure, tip-proof holders and extinguish them before leaving or going to sleep.
Use the fireplace responsibly.
To keep errant sparks from escaping, install a durable metal fire screen in front of your fireplace. Don’t leave a fire unattended, and give ashes ample time to cool down before disposing of them. Always place fireplace ash in a dedicated metal container that isn’t used for any other household refuse.
Keep fire extinguishers handy.
Stock key areas of your home with fire extinguishers. At the very least, keep one in the kitchen and others near high-risk areas like a fireplace. Regularly review the instructions and make sure all members of the home know how to properly use the extinguisher.
If you have a fire, water, mold, or asbestos disaster, give SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties a call today at (360)533-8667
The Mold Mitigation & Remediation Process
When there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can affect your health and can also cause significant damage to your property. Fortunately SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. Although every mold damage scenario is different, requiring a unique solution, the general mold remediation process stays the same. The following step illustrates a typical mold removal process.
Call SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties professionals
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties professionals. A representative will ask you a series of questions to help determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel needed.
Inspection & Damage Assessment
Your property will be carefully inspected for signs of mold using technology designed to detect hidden water sources. Mold feeds on cellulose or other organic material and water which can be hidden in plain view.
Various containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the clean up process.
Specialized filtration equipment captures microscopic mold spores out of the air. SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties technicians utilize powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in progress.
Removing Mold & Mold Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. Anti fungal and antimicrobial treatments will be used to eliminate mold colonies and help prevent new colonies from forming. Removing and disposing of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and flooring, may be necessary to remediate heavy mold growth.
Cleaning Contents & Belongings
SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties professionals may be able to clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains and other restorable items affected by mold. They use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize your belongings. They are also trained to remove odors and deodorize using fogging equipment.
SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties understands mold and mold growth and have the training and equipment to remediate mold in your home or business. Call us at 360-533-8667 to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Fire, smoke and soot restoration
We have the specialized fire restoration training needed to restore your home to pre-fire condition. After the fire trucks leave, your home likely suffers from fire and smoke damage and extensive water damage from firefighting efforts.
Every fire damage event is a little different and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage emergency.
- Step 1: Emergency Contact
- Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
- Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
- Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
- Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
- Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Step 7: Restoration
Have Questions About Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Today – (360)533-8667
SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties provides board-up services. In some cases it may be important to secure openings to your home or structure using sturdy, durable materials designed to protect it from both weather intrusion and intrusion by outsiders.
Utilizing Contents Tracker technology, SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties can generate comprehensive room-by-room inventories. Contents are categorized as salvageable, non-salvageable and questionable - allowing for easier contents settlement.
If prolonged exposure to the loss event could cause additional damage to your contents, your contractor requests relocation of the contents, or the safety of your contents is a concern, a move-out may be recommended. In these situations, SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties is trained to properly inventory, move out and control the contents from the structure during the cleaning, restoration and deodorization process.
Smoke residues can contain acids that corrode metal surfaces when moisture is also present. If the residues are not removed, corrosion can eat away at the metal casing and can ultimately cause electronic failure in the device. We can clean the outside casing correctly, as well as refer your equipment to a qualified electronics vendor.
Water damage in your business?
Even small water damages in your business have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoid costly future restoration and loss of business is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties has the equipment, training and experience to find and dry the unseen water before secondary damages occur. The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage expense during a fire or water loss. When time matters technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. We will answer your call with fast action and a full arsenal of drying equipment.
Here are just some of the tools we use:
- Moisture Sensors which are used to detect moisture in carpets baseboards or walls.
- Moisture Meters which are used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. This allows us to monitor the drying process with accuracy.
- Thermohygrometers which are used to measure the temperature and relative humidity of a structure. This allows us to create an environment most conducive for drying.
There are many other tools and equipment used to make sure we can discover the water you don’t see and make sure it does not become a problem for you in the future. The bottom line is the professionals at SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties have the equipment, technology, training, and experience to help make any fire, water and mold problems in your business seem “Like it never even happened.”