BE PREPARED BEFORE DISASTER OCCURS
While you are away on vacation, the last thing you want to worry about is water damage to your home. Unfortunately, a water loss can strike at any time, whether or not you are present for it. Here are a few tips you can use to minimize the potential of water damage to your home while you are away.
Quick pre-departure home inspection
After you have bought your plane tickets and packed your luggage, make sure to do a quick inspection around your home for potential problematic areas. Have a look at the pipes under your sinks, look for any issues with your water heater or furnace, inspect the supply lines that connect your major appliances and check the gutters and roof for any leaks, blockages or abnormalities.
This quick step can greatly reduce the potential for damage while you are away and give you peace of mind in the process.
Turn off the water main
An easy way to insure that you have no water related issues while you are away is to simply turn the water main off. It may be days before someone discovers standing water in their home, and turning off the water main on the way out the door will eliminate the potential to find unwanted surprises when they return.
Hire a house sitter
It’s always a good idea to have a trusted friend, family member or neighbor keep an eye on your home while you are away. Even better if they can stop in once or twice a day to make sure everything is in order. Make sure that whoever you choose receives adequate instructions and emergency contact information.
Nobody wants to return to their home after a fun vacation to find water damage, but sometimes, despite best efforts, they can still happen.
If you do return from your vacation to find water damage in your home, stay calm and contact a reputable water restoration contractor such as SERVPRO OF GRAYS HARBOR AND PACIFIC COUNTIES immediately. The longer you wait, the more there is a chance for secondary damage.
We are water damage specialists who get started promptly to get your property dry and back to pre-water-damage condition. We use advanced water removal and drying equipment and implement the art of drying principles to get your property dried quickly. If you have experienced a water related disaster in your home, don't delay, call us today 360-533-8667
Be prepared for Rain!
Your home's gutters help catch rainfall and ensure that it stays far away from the foundation of your home. However, they can't effectively perform their job if they're clogged with ice or debris that piled up over the course of the seasons. Clean gutters by spraying a hose through them from the bottom up. You can also use a trowel to scoop out anything that's clogging your gutters, or purchase a cleaning tool specifically designed for your gutters and attach it to your hose.
Before the rainy season begins, it's crucial that you check your home for signs of leakage. It's best to fix a leak early on, as leaving it to worsen could result in flooding, mold and mildew, and even collapsed ceilings. Scan your ceilings for water marks and look for peeling paint. You should also venture outside of your home and look at your roof for telltale signs. Check out the ridges and see if there are any cracks. Look for loose, curled or missing shingles, which can signal roof damage and allow water to enter the home.
Do you know where you shutoffs are?
Knowing where your shutoffs are in your commercial building could save you thousands of unnecessary damage to your building.
Often times building owners will rely on the Fire Department to come in and shut off the water to the buildings once a loss has occurred.
Knowing where your shutoffs are and clearly marking them enables the building owner to shut off water several minutes before first responders can.
In the case of sprinklers that malfunction and turn on, just 1 minute less of water flowing could cut days off of a drying project.
If you don;t already , make sure you put together a plan of where the following shutoffs are:
Commercial buildings often times require elevated training and equipment to dry and repair.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints.
We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Mold in HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) systems can cause serious health problems. When the furnace or air conditioner is turned on, microscopic mold spores can blow out of the air ducts and circulate through the air, where they are easily inhaled.
Keeping your Ducting and the Intake clean is vital to reducing the amount of contamination your HVAC system has.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
Vehicle Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties, known for Property Damage Restoration, is now offering Vehicle Remediation Services.
When damage due to Water, Mold, Smoke, or Odors occurs in your vehicle trust our skilled team to clean your vehicle.
Both Dealerships and Drivers have experienced the thorough process SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties performs.
Deodorizing by way of OZONE equipment is used to eliminate odors.
The vehicle is then HEPA vacuumed, wiped down on all the hard surfaces, and then antimicrobial is applied.
In the final process the vehicle is closed up in preparation of fogging. A deodorizer is then fogged in the area.
If you have a vehicle on your lot or in your driveway that could use deep cleaning to eliminate odors trust the experts at SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties.
With summer approaching, it's time to consider how to keep your lawn and garden it tip top shape while also considering how to keep your water bill down. Here are a few tips from Popular Mechanics on how (http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/lawn-garden/how-to/g559/9-water-conserving-tips-for-summer-gardening/):
- Don't over water - a good rule of thumb is that a lawn needs 1 inch of water a week and perennial plants and shrubs will need from 1 inch to 2 inches a week. When in doubt, keep the plant's soil lightly moist and see how it responds. Over-watering is just as bad as under-watering; it leads to root rot and soil compaction that robs the roots of air.
- Water in the morning - If you water while it's (relatively) cool outside, water can soak in before it evaporates on the surface. And if you do it in the morning, that helps the plant to take up the water during the day.
- Don't waste water - Don't soak the plant's foliage; it does little good. If you see water puddling or running off, stop; let the water soak in before resuming. Likewise, water that runs off your lawn or off the top of a flower bed onto paved surfaces does no good. The same applies to running lawn sprinklers: Water your lawn, not the side of your house or the driveway.
Calling SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties
When you notice water damage, immediate action is significant when it comes to protecting your home and your personal items. It only takes a couple hours and the water damage, or the fire damage can ruin everything that it touches.
We are trained here to know what exactly you are looking for and to know exactly what needs to be done and the process that it takes to complete the task and make your house look "Like it never even happened." SERVPRO of Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties are highly trained in property damage Restoration. When calling SERVPRO it will be a quick process before we get people over there helping you.
SERVPRO Representative Questions
- Name & Contact information
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 (360) 533-8667
SERVPRO Grays Harbor & Pacific Counties: Additional Services
SERVPRO Professionals do more than people think. SERVPRO Franchise is dedicated to restoring both the property and the lives of the customers being helped. Our goal here at SERVPRO is to make it like it never even happened.
- Board-ups: SERVPRO may need to board up your home using sturdy, durable materials designed to keep out whether intrusion and intrusion by outsiders.
- Inventory: SERVPRO Professionals take inventory of everything in every room categorized them as salvageable, non-salvageable, and questionable allowing for easier contents settlement.
- Move-Outs: If your content stays in the damaged house for to long it may need to be relocated and a move out may be requested by contractor.
- Electronic Cleaning: Smoke residues can contain acids that corrode metal surfaces when m moisture is also present. If the residues are not removed, corrosion can eat away at the metal casing and can cause electronic failure in the device. SERVPRO can clean the outside casing of the electronic device correctly and refer you to a qualified electronics vendor.
- Art Work: Artwork ranges from inexpensive framed pictures to extremely valuable fine art. Restoration of expensive and valued art requires the use of a trained art restorer, while less expensive art may not warrant these costly specialized services.
Everything in your home that was in the affected area will be taken care of will be photographed and written down. SERVPRO Professionals will get your content taken care of and make your home safe again.
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 360) 533-8667
When all goes wrong and you don't have a clue on what to do next. Call SERVPRO - our Team of Professionals are here to help in any way possible. There is little that we can't do, you name it and we will see to it that you get the help that you need. A lot of people don't really know about what exactly it is that we do. Well for those of you who don't know and those of you who think you know what it is that we do, here are just a few things that SERVPRO Professionals do that helps make SERVPRO your first choice.
The Better Choice Because...
- Lower Recovery Costs, The SERVPRO System helps save your money
- Restored content will be cleaned and deodorized to preloss condition when possible.
- Every item is written down
- Metal is polished
- Flooring mopped and cleaned. Stripped, sealed, and refinishing and will be done if it is authorized by both you and the adjuster.
- Cleaning/ Painting
- Clothing if affected we will recommend a dry cleaner or professional laundry cleaner, and help inform them that there was smoke damage.
- Deduct work
Those are just a few things the SERVPRO Franchise Professionals do. You name it and we will get it done or point you into the right direction.
One Hour - At SERVPRO within one hour form the notice of the loss, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will contact you to arrange service. So, you'll know help is on the way.
Four Hours- Within four hours of notification of loss, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services. The key to reducing damages and saving money is responding quickly to your damage. Call right away. While the SERVPRO Franchise Professional will explain the process step by step so you can anticipate the outcome.
Eight Hours- Within eight hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to appropriate person, normally your adjuster or property manager.
We have had a lot of rain and it doesn’t look like it is going to slow down any time so. Rivers, lakes and bodies of water, are getting high and can potentially cause flooding. If flooding occurs and the water flows into your home, do not panic, try your best to stay calm. SERVPRO specializes in Flood Damage. As soon as we get your call we will have people at your home to begin drying it out. To help get your home looking like it never even happened.
- Water proof your basements, doors and windows.
- Try to have a backup water supply
- Incase of severe flooding try to have extra food and liquids
After Math’s of Flooding
- Turn off Electricity
- Avoid anything that has been soaked by the flood
- Call SERVPRO
- Contact Insurance